ABOUT THE FIRM
The Law Offices of Manotti L. Jenkins, LTD. is led by Manotti L. Jenkins, a former partner in major U.S. corporate law firms. Mr. Jenkins was a first-chair litigator and trial attorney in those firms, where he concentrated his practice in intellectual property (IP) litigation, counseling and licensing, as well as complex commercial litigation. His primary IP areas included patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and rights of publicity law. Mr. Jenkins is a highly skilled and experienced trial lawyer, having tried many cases before juries and judges.
The Firm presently operates from Washington, DC and Chicago, Illinois. The Firm concentrates in five practices areas: 1) IP litigation and transactions; 2) Commercial litigation; 3) Civil litigation; 4) Sports & entertainment; and 5) General Counsel services for small and start-up businesses. Focusing in these comprehensive commercial and civil areas, the Firm is committed to being the "go to" resource for resolving clients’ legal problems.
The Firm operates through a network of senior lawyers nationally, giving the Firm 25-plus years of intense legal experience. The Firm’s lawyers have extensive courtroom, negotiating and settlement experience, as well as transactional expertise that can only come with many years of practice.
Mr. Jenkins is a member of the Federal Circuit Bar Association and the Trial Bar of the Northern District of Illinois. He has authored legal articles in several publications, including a chapter in the book, “Inside the Minds: Patent Litigation and Dispute Resolution.” The book is written, as stated in the cover’s subtext, for clients by "Leading Lawyers on Understanding Key Components of A Case, Evaluating Settlement Opportunities, and Preparing for Trial."
Mr. Jenkins earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the Indiana University School of Law in 1996 and his Bachelor of Arts in journalism from Howard University in Washington, D.C., in 1991. He is licensed to practice in Illinois and before the U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit; and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including the Trial Bar). Mr. Jenkins is in the process of obtaining reciprocal admission to the District of Columbia bar, and is also preparing to sit for the Maryland bar.
Why Choose Us?
- We are highly skilled and experienced in the areas of Intellectual Property, Commercial and Civil Litigation, Commercial Transactions, and Sports and Entertainment Law.
- Our lead attorney, Manotti L Jenkins, is an award-winning litigator, publicly recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer for consecutive years.
- Our team has strong Partner experience working in large, highly respected, and nationally recognized law firms. We know how to get the job done.
- We have an experienced team with a combined 25+years of courtroom, litigation and settlement experience.
- We are highly skilled and experienced in drafting and negotiating agreements with an eye toward protecting clients in the event of litigation.
- We bring the experience of a large law firm with the ability to focus on the specific needs of each of our clients. We are always there when you need us.